A naturally carbonated soda with a refreshing herbal aroma, this probiotic beverage is simple to make.
- 6 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup rosemary syrup
- 2 tbsp tibicos (water kefir grains)
- Combine the lemon juice and rosemary syrup in a quart jar, then add enough water to bring it to a total of about 18 oz.
- Add the tibicos and cover the jar with cheesecloth or muslin secured with string or a rubber band.
- Let the mixture sit for two days, then strain out the tibicos and lemon pulp.
- Funnel the liquid into an 18 oz plastic bottle and screw on the cap. Let the sealed bottle sit at room temperature for about a day, until the bottle is unyielding to the touch. Move it to the refrigerator and drink within a few days.
Use caution when opening the bottle! It may fizz over the top, so opening over a sink is best.